Thursday, September 22, 2005



Men With Breasts
Today I did some research on Throbbing Gristle. I read on a music forum that one of the former members, Genesis P-Orridge got breast implants to match his wive's. I became curious and headed over to Wikipedia to find out what the deal was. Not only did I find out that he really did get breast implants, but I learned that he was involved in some pretty controversial type dadaist, fluxist, art in London, hung out with William S. Burroughs, and was accused of being part of a Satanic cult. I also read that one of the most informative pieces written about Throbbing Gristle was done by Re/Search magazine. I then realized that I actually have a copy of that magazine! About three years ago I had picked up the magazine from a pile of junk because it had a picture of William S. Burroughs on it. So, I decided to take a listen to the only Throbbing Gristle album I own, Throbbing Gristle's Greatest Hits: Entertainment Through Pain. A few of the songs have some really cool early drum machine and synth sounds going on. A few of the songs are a bit scary which isn't too surprising because they were known to include imagery from concentration camps and other disturbing sort of things in their live shows. Read more about Throbbing Gristle and Genesis P-Orridge by clicking on the links. And, here is a picture of Genesis with his breasts (not work friendly and a little disturbing).


20 Jazz Funk Greats by Throbbing Gristle from Throbbing Gristle's Greatest Hits

Adrenalin by Throbbing Gristle from Throbbing Gristle's Greatest Hits



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home