Saturday, February 11, 2006

More Bollywood!!!


My last post was kind of long so I'll try to keep this one short. Today, I bring to you two tracks from two albums by the same artist, Bappi Lahiri. The first track is "Superstar" from the movie "Film Hi Film" which is pictured to the side and below. Once again we've got this weird disco style with chugging guitar work, real drums, and synths. This song makes me dance in my living room. I also tend to sing along with the "Hey! Hey!" part and punctuate it by putting my fist in the air. Hoping for the same reaction from others, I've played this song out at a few parties, but the only response I've seen so far is bewilderment.

The next song, "Jeet", is taken from the album "Josh". I picked this one up sealed on my second visit to my spot in Berkeley. I actually saw it the first time I was there, but passed on it because the front cover makes it look like a stand up comedy album. After searching on the internets, I saw that the album had some sort of demand so I picked it up. For some reason, this track reminds me of Mr. Bungle. I guess it could be for a couple of reasons including the sudden changes, the multiple influences, the keyboard sounds, the guitar, and the plain old wackiness of that synth line followed by the disco strings and breakdown. You must listen to this song all the way through, because it seems to stop, then comes roaring back as a sort of dance reprise with a chorus yelling "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey...." Geez, I hope someone is enjoying this stuff besides me.


Superstar by Bappi Lahiri from Film Hi Film
Jeet by Bappi Lahiri from Josh

4 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

I love some of these covers.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed someone else is enjoying this thanks for taking the time to post them and big ups for the Huxley post as well
Cheers
Record Borther

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't stop listening to 'jeet.' i keep thinking that maybe after one more listen, i will understand the song better. nope. it keeps changing. it feels old, it feels new. it's really fantastic. another great post. thanks.

7:07 AM  
Blogger DJ Arc De Triomphe said...

awesome ! sooooooooooooooooooo long i was looing for those tracks god god god

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home